A big shout out to all the volunteers out there, helping make the world a better place!!
International Volunteer Day is a United Nations led initiative held each year on 5 December. The theme for 2017 is “Volunteers Act First. Here. Everywhere.” The theme is recognition of volunteer efforts around the world, as well as a tribute to the support volunteers provide in times of instability, disasters or humanitarian crises.
Volunteering is any activity that involves putting your unpaid time, energy and skills for the greater good.
Why do people volunteer?
* To learn new skills, knowledge and experience
* To develop existing skills, knowledge and experience
* To find new passions
* To meet new people and forming long-term friends and partnerships
* To contribute to a good cause
* To make an invaluable difference
* To have fun!